Payment services market in Poland has been regulated since October 24, 2011, mainly in the Act of 19 August 2011 on payment services (Journal of Laws No. 199, item. 1175, as amended.).
Regulations in this field are also included in:
- Regulation of the European Parliament and Council Regulation (EU) No 260/2012 of 14 March 2012 establishing technical and business requirements for credit transfers and direct debits in euro and amending Regulation (EC) No 924/2009 (SEPA Regulation),
- Regulation of the European Parliament and Council Regulation (EU) No 924/2009 of 16 September 2009 on cross-border payments in the Community and repealing Regulation (EC) No 2560/2001 (924/2009 Regulation),
- The Banking Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws from 2012, item. 1376)
- Regulations of the Prime Minister on deposit to cover the cost of supervision of: (offices of payment services (BUP), (payment institutions (IP) and fees for certain activities of PFSA)
- Regulations of the Minister of Finance regarding (quarterly and annual additional financial and statistical reports of the national payment institution, offices of payment services compulsory insurance), (the minimum amount of the offices of payment services bank guarantee and insurance and the date of commencement of the contract guarantee), (the method of calculation of the amount referred to in Article 76, Paragraph 4, paragraph 2 of the Law on payment services), (detailed scope of information and the nature and form of the documents attached to the application for a permit for a national payment institution), (the asset class and the maximum of the cash invested by the national payment institution).
Issues relating to payment systems are regulated by the Act of 24 August 2001 on settlement finality in payment systems and securities settlement systems (Journal of Laws of 2010, No. 112, item. 743, ie, as amended. Died. )
Other issues are regulated by the Act of 2 April 2004 on some financial securities (Journal of Laws of 2012, pos. 942 jt).
These acts have made the implementation of the following directives:
- Directive 2002/47/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 6 June 2002 on financial collateral arrangements (FCD),
- Directive 98/26/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 19 May 1998 on settlement finality in payment and securities settlement systems (SFD)
- Directive 2007/64/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 13 November 2007 on payment services in the internal market (PSD),
- Directive 2009/110/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 16 September 2009 on the taking up and pursuit of the business of electronic money institutions and the prudential supervision of the business, amending Directives 2005/60/EC and 2006/48/EC and repealing Directive 2000/46/EC (2EMD),
- Directive 2009/44/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 6 May 2009 amending Directive 98/26/EC on settlement finality in payment and securities settlement systems and Directive 2002/47/EC on financial collateral arrangements as regards linked systems and credit claims (SFD / FCD)